When operating high-speed dispersion equipment, workshop employees need to ground the mobile tank to remove the static electricity that may be generated during the operation. Sometimes the grounding fails due to employees forgetting to ground or accidentally dropping the grounding clamp. It does not meet EHS regulations and has risks. This project introduces electrostatic grounding equipment to ensure good grounding of mobile tanks during high-speed dispersion.
• Project Objectives:
The interlocking of high-speed dispersion and grounding of the whole plant is realized by introducing static grounding equipment. Only when the grounding is good, the high-speed dispersion equipment can operate. If the grounding fails during the production process, the electrostatic grounding equipment will also interlock the motor to stop, avoiding the risk of poor equipment grounding.
• Brief introduction of Static Grounding Monitoring System:
The system is composed of the Controller (with visual alarm), the
Clamp and Plug & Cable.
It provides a visual green light indicating a confirmed grounding condition of the mobile tank during the transfer of flammable and combustible materials. A red light indicates the absence of dependable grounding. An interlock circuit inside the control panel will prevent pumps and equipment from starting until a satisfactory ground is established. The interlock circuit will also shut off pumps and equipment if the ground is lost during the pumping operation.
Input Power: 85VAC to 250VAC 50Hz
Input Current: ＜60mA
Output Signal: On-Off signal
Monitoring Set Point: 10 ohms
Alarm: Visible alarm
Spiral Cable: Extendable to 5.3m (17.4ft.)
Indicator: Lamp (Green=satisfactory ground and red=no ground)
OperationTemperature: -20℃ to +55℃(-4℉ to +131℉)
EU-Type Examination Certification No.: Presafe 16 ATEX 8909X
QAN Certificate No.: Presafe 16 ATEX 7744Q
Standard:EN60079-0, EN60079-1, EN60079-11
Normal: the indicator light is flashing green / the buzzer does not sound
Standby: indicator light flashes red/buzzer alarm
Alarm: indicator light flashes red/buzzer alarm
1. Static clamp resistance inspection function: monitor whether the contact between the electrostatic ground clamp and the mobile tank is good.
2. Grounding body resistance inspection function: monitor whether this system is in good contact with the factory grounding network.
3. Different colors of LEDs show the standby status, alarm status and normal grounding status of the equipment.
4. The equipment meets the requirements of workshop grounding control, independent system control, disperses system risks, and is convenient for operation and daily maintenance.
5. The alarm signal can be output to third-party equipment to facilitate the realization of more extended functions. For example: large screen in workshop.